An updated version of my reply to Mike Huben’s Non-Libertarian FAQ contains the following additional rebuttal points:
- What about bad governments like Cuba?
- Love it, or Leave it. A charming way to run society.
- We can’t emigrate because there is no libertarian nation.
- Tragedy of the Commons
- The state is like the Mafia
- Governments have “powers”, not “rights.” Rights are reserved for people.
- Why does the State tell me what to do with my property?
- Your property doesn’t belong to you, it belongs to the government
- Additional regulations: a violation of property rights?
- Without taxes, we would be wealthier
There’s more to follow, eventually. The arguments are starting to get pretty thin, however.
no third solution » Blog Archive » Comments on Comments #33