Suggestions?

October 27th, 2009

Kind of in a creative rut lately. I’m looking for a topic to write about. Any suggestions (please keep in mind the general theme here, so no “Obama is Awesome” suggestions!) would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Brad Spangler says on: October 27, 2009 at 1:53 pm

One of the things I wish I had time to really sink my teeth into producing is a ruling class analysis from a left-Rothbardian perspective of who stands to benefit most from the cartelizing/monopolistic effects of mainstream policy proposals regarding climate change.

Ideally, it would take an agnostic approach regarding the reality of global warming itself, and instead advocate a stateless society (i.e. a true free market).

• George Donnelly says on: October 27, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Some headline suggestions to spark ideas hopefully:

– Why FIJA Activism is Important

– What’s the First Agorist Business?

– Is Liberty Utopian?

– Why I Can Neither Love Nor Leave the USA

– Why You Need Liberty – Now

– Private Defense Agencies are not Comparable to Blackwater

– Is the Federal Reserve like the Supreme Court?

– Libertarianism is NOT “Every Man for Himself”

hth :)

• Skyler Collins says on: October 27, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Here’s something c/o FEE’s blog: http://www.feeblog.org/libertarianism/libertarianism-and-the-state/

• David Z says on: October 27, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Thanks everyone!

• Don says on: October 28, 2009 at 11:23 am

Glad you asked. Something has been on my mind for sometime and I think you’re the person that can clear this up.

Bear with me, I’ll try to explain it.

I’d like to understand better the journey from the fed printing fiat money as the starting point and the reflection of increased prices in the market as the ending. I know most of the steps but I can’t quite pull it all together.

To put it another way, I don’t understand how the increase of money supply causes increases in prices.

Yes, I read the little thing over at Beck’s blog about the poker game and the paper clips and that makes complete sense.

But in the real world scenario I can’t get my head around it.

Can you take this on?
    ‘preciate it.

• David Z says on: October 28, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Hi Don,

Have you read Malinvestment: A Primer? I think it might do the trick.

• theftthroughinflation says on: October 29, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Rothbard did a nice peice (http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard66.html) where he connected the dots between the government and wealthy communists and foreign wars. My friend said that someone needs to finish where rothbard leftoff after his death. Some articles talking about associattons between top level corporate and government assholes are always interesting!