It seems the heroes of Prince George County are back to their old routine. That routine, of course, being systematically abusing the people they are supposed to protect and serve, and also murdering their dogs. Via InformationLiberation.com
As he was being assaulted by his armed and dangerous protectors, he begged the officers not to shoot his four-year-old dog, Mercedes.
“While this was going on I said ‘please, don’t point a gun at my dog.’ I begged her. She didn’t need to be involved in this. She was in the yard.”
Police then dutifully proceeded to murder his dog, who as his Neighbor Barbara Wells said, “…did not attack anyone. He never approached anyone. Even as the officers grabbed Sterling the dog didn’t do anything.”
This of course seems to be par for the course in Prince George County. If you think I’m blowing this out of proportion, take a look at Radley’s archives detailing the very colorful history of this department.
- They killed their own mayor’s dog during a botched “drug raid”. How they didn’t know it was they mayor’s house is beyond me. Those officers involved in the raid were eventually cleared of any wrongdoing.
- This is the department which continues to harass and threaten to imprison people for “recording” cops in public.
- This is the department which keeps on its active rosters an officer who shot two furniture movers, killing one of them.
- This is the department which routinely “loses” dash cam footage or other surveillance footage when it differs from the official (i.e., officer-reported) version of events.
- The very same department which has on its roster an officer who has been arrested for drunk driving four-time within 12 months — at least once while in his patrol car. Still on duty.
- And if that’s not enough, yet another officer of PG was drunk-driving his squad car when he hit and killed a 20-year old college student.
These monsters don’t suddenly appear, they grow and are nurtured in an environment and culture which protects its own at almost all costs, almost always. They learn to abuse because they learn they can get away with abuse. For every bad, abusive, dangerous, sociopath cop in the world, there’s at least one “good” cop that doesn’t do a goddamn thing about it. It’s this refusal to bring justice that enables the worst, and they are every bit as guilty as accomplices to these crimes.
I’m not militant. I’m not violent. I would consider myself a borderline pacifist. I don’t advocate violence as a means to any ends.
That said, the world would be a noticeably better place if that department burned to the ground with everyone inside it.